Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Little Girl With Big Dreams

If you don't already know, I'm a small person. I'm 4'10 and when people see me (or my twin sister) all they seem to say is "You're so LITTLE!" As if I don't already realize this, they have to add other remarks like "You're about the size of my 10 year old sister!" or "I just want to pick you up and put you in my pocket!" or "Don't go outside when it's windy or you might blow away" haha things like that! But I'm used to it, and in reality I just think it's funny and it doesn't bother me at all! When I glance at everyone else marveling at my tininess all I can think of is how I may look small on the outside, but I have a big personality and
BIG DREAMS...
I want to travel.
I want to live in New York City.
I want to own so many items of clothing that it takes me WEEKS to figure out what I want to pack for a vacation...(as if it doesn't take me long enough already)
I want to have a career in fashion and, unlike a lot of people in the world, actually ENJOY what I do everyday and get excited to wake up in the morning and go to my job.
These are things that I see happening in the future. I don't care how long or hard the journey is to get me there, I'm going to do what I love and I'm going to soak in every minute of it! With a blessed amount of internships and career opportunities at my fingers I realize that these dreams may slowly but surely be coming true right before my eyes...and I am ready for that challenge. Today my first Let's Hear It For The Boys post was uploaded to College Fashionista and I am ecstatic! To know that not only am I getting my name out by having some pieces published, but fashionable students are getting their own face and name out there, is something that makes me excited for what's ahead for me and my peers. This fella that I took a picture of the other day was wearing one of the hottest trends this season...PLAID. Make sure you click HERE to check out my latest post "CLAD IN PLAID" on CF!
Another exciting thing that happened today was my first column in The East Carolinian was published! I  started off the column by introducing myself and expressing my crazy obsession with clothes, and then I wrote about Pirate Football Fashion and what one would usually see their peers wearing when attending a game. I was so excited this morning that I left my apartment at 7:20 to walk to campus, grab a delicious Pumpkin Spice Latte...(if you haven't bought one of these yet this year then go get one...RIGHT NOW)
and pick up a copy of the paper! I felt like an on campus celebrity...(except I think only about 20% of students at ECU read the paper)...but that didn't matter! I was excited and I didn't care who read it, just to have my very own column published in a newspaper was enough to make me happy. I was expecting them to have a big header that said Pirate Football Fashion but instead it was titled Meet Lindy, how cool is that?? I guess my first name is unique enough to not have to clarify which Lindy they are talking about...Sorry for any other Lindy's at ECU, you're special too! Click HERE to read it...
So anyways, that has been my life lately! It may not be the most glamorous life on earth, and to some people the internships and experiences I've been encountering lately may seem trivial, but this life is MINE and I love every minute of it. I hope that this post inspired you to chase your dreams, whatever they may be! Put your name out there. Accomplish what YOU want to accomplish. Don't let other people get you down or tell you that you can't, because you can do anything that you set your mind to. And always remember to never judge a book by it's cover...no matter how little that book is!

keep on keepin' on fashionistas
Lindy

P.S- make sure you check out A Blonde Ambition tomorrow for my post about army inspired fashion!

P.P.S- I hope that no one feels that I am bragging with my posts. PPT was set out to be a post about ECU and the fashionable students around campus, and that is all that I want to share! Everyone should be proud with whatever they accomplish, no matter how big or small that thing is! :)

4 comments:

Amanda {feast.fashion.faves} said...

um LINDY...You're amazing and have so much heart and enthusiasm! I KNOW that you will be successful in what you want to do..and be able to bask in the fruits of your labor(haha that sounds funny)...but you get what I'm saying! super cute photo of you in the last pic! never be afraid to do what you want to do...we only have one life to live..might as well live it doing/or trying to do what we love and enjoy!
thanks for sharing this inspiring post!!

<3Amanda
feast.fashion.faves

Betsy said...

That is so exciting! I am so proud of you and all your accomplishments. Love you!! :)

caits said...

i am so desperate to go to new yorkkk. really makes me seriously consider saving - as opposed to my current incessant spending (i like to think that i am single handily supporting the economy). i wish we had starbucks in perth but alas not so i cannot try what sounds to be a delicious treat.

http://hundredsorthousands.blogspot.com/

Jackie said...

WOO! I definitely saw your article in the East Carolinian... you go girl!!