Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Hot Cross Messy Buns

Mmmmmm..........
First off, before I start my post about a beauty trend popping up ALL OVER the fashion world and ECU (view title/picture above for a hint), I want to welcome my beautiful twin Laura to East Carolina University for the summer!
 I love you and I'm so glad I get to spend time taking classes with you!

In other news, today when contemplating what to write about here on PPT, I decided to ask Laura if there were any fashion or beauty trends that stood out to her around my campus? After thinking about it for a second she told me that one craze that she noticed was the oh-so-popular messy bun! Although this hairstyle has been around for a while now, it has recently resurfaced more chic than ever. Lately the messy bun can be spotted around the world styled in a variety of ways!

First there is the Braided Bun....
This boho braid can make any outfit look hippie chic and yet keep you looking classy!

Then comes the Traditional High Messy Bun/Top Knot...
This style is very casual and thrown together, but it can dress a fancy outfit down or look fabulous for a day on the go!

Another very popular style is the Messy Bun with a Headband...
Adding an adorable accessory to a messy bun can make it look hot in an instant! Not only does it splash some more detail onto your ensemble, but it also keeps everyones attention on your stylish up-do!

And lastly is the Low Messy Bun...
Laura told me that she read somewhere that based on guys votes, they prefer low pony tails and buns, who knew!? So next time you have a date ladies, try this lovely low messy bun and wow your potential boyfriend!

Hopefully this inspired all of you to embrace your sloppy side and rock the messy bun sometime this week! It's easy, cute, and it will take you no time at all! Heres a picture that shows you how to do the popular top knot!...

Have an awesome Thursday, fashionistas!
<3 Lindy

No comments: