Saturday, April 16, 2011

Stripes and Buttons

I am OBSESSED with stripes. I was before they were such a huge fashion trend, and I will remain to be after the trend fizzles out. I just love the way they look! I like the way they look on clothes, chairs, shoes, paper, pens, cups, walls, animals... pretty much anything you can put stripes on, I will be a fan of. 

I want to decorate my house like this...
while wearing this....
and eating this....
with this dog curled up on my floor....

Now if THAT doesn't give you a good idea of how much I love stripes, then I don't know what will! SO many students are wearing stripes around ECU that it is almost too many to count! Here are some fashionable Pirates who were wearing one of my favorite things this week....

Not only was this chic student wearing a striped shirt, but he was wearing striped socks too! Now that is a guy who knows what's in style.
The way this adorable girl paired a striped tunic with leggings is comfortable and cute! (and SO not planned, but the guy behind her is wearing stripes, see what I mean!?)

My next rant of the day is buttons. Buttons can add flare to any outfit, and another major plus is they hold your outfit together! Buttons are like people: they come in all different shapes, sizes and colors! 
A button can be detailing....
or it can keep your outfit connected... 
OR (even better) it can be both!...

Here are some stylish students who wore buttons this week!...
This posh pirate wore a classic white button down shirt with jeans and sandals! This is a fashion trend that will NEVER go out of style!
This fashionista paired a loose billowy shirt, which has a buttoned neckline, with flats, dark skinny jeans, and flirty accessories to create an ideal ensemble!

I hope you enjoyed my rant of the weekend! Be sure to stayed tuned for more pictures of students around ECU who are stepping out into the fashion world! I hope you have a super Saturday my loves!

keep on keepin' on fashionistas,
<3 Lindy

1 comment:

Ashley said...

I love buttons. I saw a really cute button bracelet the other day that was so neat! It was made from buttons someone had collected. Very cool. (At least I thought so. You may need to see it and be the actual judge of how cool it is.)