Thursday, January 6, 2011

why I LOVE what I LOVE.

Many things easily excite me.

  • Going out to eat makes me excited!
  • Spending time with my family makes me excited!
  • A new song I hear on the radio makes me excited!

...but one thing that REALLY gets me, one thing that excites me to the MAX, is something brand new.
The feeling of slipping on a shirt that you've fallen in love with. The way a new item makes you feel when you look in the mirror wearing something you KNOW you look good in. How a new pair of jeans make you think to yourself "wow my legs look AHmazing today!" Now that, my fellow fashionistas, is what I like to call excitement. I love how one solitary top, pair of shoes, or accessory can change my attitude, the way I walk, and how I feel about myself the day that I wear it!

THAT is why I love fashion.
THAT is why I know what I want to do with my life.

not because it "sounds cool" or because "the people on The Hills have fashion jobs." But because it excites me. It's something I absolutely, without a doubt, completely, LOVE.

and this is where I leave you with an awesome video The Sartorialist posted today! It was so neat! A film company decided to do a project where they filmed The Sartorialist himself and let blog readers get an inside look at why he created his blog and how he gets his inspiration for his photographs!


Anywho, I am heading back to school tomorrow and, with my new camera in hand, I hope to get this blog growing stronger and stronger! Hope ya'll enjoyed my mini rant! :)

Happy belated Holidays fashionistas,
<3 Lindy

No comments: